Shea Butter is extracted from the nuts of a Shea-Karite tree found only on the continent of Africa. It grows naturally in the wild and the dry savanna belt of West Africa stretching to East Africa. It is often the only tree allowed to grow through its allotted lifespan of 400 years or more. A Shea nut starts producing fruit after 15-20 years or more and will reach full production in 40-50 years. It is edible and used in food preparation in some African countries. Shea Butter has been used as a cosmetic ingredient for most moisturizers and soaps because of its vitamins and fatty acids.
COMPONENTS OF SHEA BUTTER
Shea Butter contains:
- Stearic Acid
- Linoleic Acid
- Oleic Fatty Acids
- Palmitic Acid
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin A
10 WAYS YOU CAN USE YOUR SHEA BUTTER
The uses of Shea Butter is superabundant which runs through medicinal and cosmetic usage. I doubt we would be able to list all of its uses in this article, these are some of its uses;
- Massages; include muscle fatigue, aches, rheumatism, reducing inflammation, and tension.
- Sex lubricant; it is safe and perfect for spicing things up during lovemaking.
- Lip Balm; especially during the cold season and dry weather conditions
- Stretch marks prevention during pregnancy
- Conditioner and leave-in conditioner for hair to prevent hair breakage and dandruff
- To moisturize the skin and feet to prevent cracks especially during the Harmattan and winter seasons.
- Wound healing; especially burns from heat (spilled hot oil, burns from hot utensils/iron)
- Relieves Nasal Congestion; it is more effective to use the Shea Butter in the nostrils to reduce inflammation and release phlegm in the nasal passages.
- Hot Oil Treatment; it is also more effective in using Shea Oil for hot oil treatment as it easily absorbs and penetrates the roots better.
- Helps in the treatment of some skin diseases like Eczema etc
Now that you have read up on this amazing natural product, are you ready to delve in? The possibilities are endless with Afrikinky Shea butter and Shea oil.
Visit www.AFRIKINKY.com to create your own magic, while embracing authentic, all natural, hand crafted products.