NEEM “THE VILLAGE DOCTOR”
With the world facing a global pandemic of the CORONA VIRUS, we are stripped of our usual norms and lifestyle. More of our focus has been on staying healthy and boosting our immune system. One of the best ways to boost the system is with Neem. Referred to as the village doctor because of its medicinal and health benefits, Neem has a long history of multiple uses.
Continue reading to learn about the amazing benefits of Neem and discover the benefits for your skin, hair, oral health and other home remedies.
WHAT TO KNOW ABOUT THE NEEM
Neem, also known by its botanical name as “AZADIRACHTA INDICA” is a tree that is native to India and West Africa, but now it is grown in most countries for its medicinal and healing purposes. Neem has been used for centuries but has lately gotten high commercial recognition and can be found in some cosmetic products such as shampoos, soaps, creams, and toothpaste.
The Neem tree can grow up to 15-30 meters tall. In most rural communities, the Neem tree serves as a shade. Neem leaves are green (dark) in color and bear tiny round fruits which are also green but lighter than the leaves. It tastes grassy and bitter. Its bitter taste does not discourage the usage of it.
The young twigs of the Neem tree are directly used as toothbrushes in rural areas. Neem can be used in the form of an oil, powder, paste, or juice form.
WHAT DOES IT CONTAIN
Neem contains anti-fungal & antibacterial properties. It also contains Vitamin C, E, and fatty acids. It is also rich in calcium, iron and loaded with antioxidants, etc.
BENEFITS OF NEEM TO OUR HEALTH
There are unending benefits with Neem, and you will be amazed and perhaps develop a newfound love for it.
Mostly known for its cleansing properties, Neem is used to purify the blood by clearing toxins from the blood. This enhances blood circulation throughout the body. The detoxification process can be done by drinking our Afrikinky Neem Powder as a tea, or using it in a steaming process
It is good for the bones as it is rich in calcium. It helps relieve arthritic pain and reduces inflammation.
The antibacterial and anti-fungal properties keep the immune system stronger by flushing out toxins and keeping infections at bay. The Vitamin C in it also plays a role in boosting the body’s immune system.
Neem has been known for its usage in dental health-related issues. When Neem is applied to the teeth and gum, its antibacterial properties help protect the teeth from dental plaque, tooth decay, mouth ulcers, and it also promotes fresh breath.
It is also known to regulate blood sugars, improve digestive health, and many other benefits.
It is used in some home remedies like treatment of foot rot, used as an insect repellent, as an organic pesticide for plants, also used as an antiseptic for wounds and healing without scars.
The list goes on and on.
NEEM FOR HAIR
Neem is a jack of all trades with its versatility. It can be used to strengthen and promote hair growth. With the presence of its anti-fungal and antibacterial properties, it is able to provide the necessary nourishment and conditioning to the roots, enhancing strong follicles that promote hair growth and shiny hair. Neem is very good in the treatment and prevention of dandruff, itchy scalp, and lice.
NEEM FOR SKIN
Neem is rich in fatty acids, amino acids, Vitamins C&E. These are ingredients that help to soften, moisturize and nourish the skin. The antioxidants and Vitamin E aids to fight signs of aging by reducing wrinkles. Its antibacterial properties come in handy and effective in treating acne, pimples, and blemishes. Neem is also used for healing of wounds to prevent scars.
HOW TO USE AFRIKINKY NEEM POWDER
For Dandruff: add Afrikinky Neem Powder to water and apply this mixture to the roots of your hair. Leave it for 30 minutes and rinse thoroughly. With the regular use of this remedy, you can get rid of dandruff.
- Sinusitis: Sinusitis is an inflammation of the sinus; it can be chronic or acute. You can use Afrikinky Neem Powder as a nasal drop for treating sinusitis. It helps in reducing inflammation. Mix one teaspoon of Afrikinky Neem Powder in a cup of hot water and use 2-3 drops twice a day for relief.
- For Hair Loss: Prepare a paste with Afrikinky Neem Powder and water. You can also add Aloe Vera and some drops of coconut oil or any preferred oil to it. Apply this paste on the scalp/root and massage. Leave on for about 20-30 minutes before bath.
For Pimples and Acne: Use Afrikinky Neem oil to use it as face oil undiluted or dilute a few drops in water or any carrier oil like jojoba or olive oil and apply it on your face every night before going to bed for clear and smooth skin. Use Afrikinky Neem Powder and water to make a paste and apply as a face mask for 10-15 minutes and wipe with a warm wet towel or rinse. Moisturize your face after.
Eczema & Blemishes: Mix one tablespoon of Afrikinky Neem Powder , lemon juice, and a pinch of turmeric and apply to the affected area once a week. Rinse and moisturize.
- Dental use: Add Afrikinky Neem Powder to toothpaste and brush twice daily, or dilute 1 teaspoon of Afrikinky Neem Powder with water and gargle in the mouth after brushing.
- Pesticide: Add a preferred amount of Afrikinky Neem Powder , depending on your garden size into boiling water and let it steep and cool for a while. Drain the tea with a sieve and store the liquid in a spray bottle to use for your garden. You can also dilute Afrikinky Neem oil with liquid soap ( for example Afrikinky black soap, as it is also organic and plant-based). Be sure to use soap since water and oil don’t mix.
- Repellent for skin: Apply our Afrikinky Neem oil to the skin to protect you from mosquitoes and other insect bites or boil Afrikinky Neem Powder in water or any preferred oil, strain, and apply on the body.
- Detoxification; drinking Afrikinky Neem Powder as tea. Add lemons and honey to taste.11. Immune System Boost: Use Afrikinky Neem Powder to boost the immune system by doing the steaming process. Mix the Neem powder into a bucket of very hot water till diluted. Cover yourself with a heavy blanket over the hot Neem water and place your head over the bucket for about 10- 15 mins to sweat. This helps to boost the immune system by opening up your nasal passages.
NOTE: although experts generally consider Neem safe for use, please be sure to test for possible allergy or sensitivity to it. Before using Neem for the first time, consider doing a patch test. To do a patch test, rub a few drops of Neem onto a patch of skin on the inner forearm and wait out for some hours to see if there are any reactions.
SIDE EFFECTS AND PRECAUTIONSHowever, despite its numerous abilities and benefits, and despite the fact that when consumed by mouth it is not likely to cause any harm. We should still be cautious when taking herbs.
Primarily, it is not advisable to mix herbal stuff with prescription medication.In order to avoid interactions and these occasional side effects, it is advisable to consult with your doctor when adding herbal supplements to your routine.
The side effects include;
- Not to be consumed by infants (children) as it could prove fatal. (Can be applied externally on the skin/hair)
- Not a go choice for any pregnant person, this may cause harm/miscarriage to pregnancy. Therefore not an ideal option for expectant mothers.
- Stomach irritation
Absolute bitterness (gagging reflexes)
Not suitable for people who have low blood pressure and sugar levels.
*This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Please consult with your health care practitioner prior to the use of this product if you are pregnant or nursing, taking medications, or have a medical condition.
Visit www.AFRIKINKY.com to order and create your magic, while embracing authentic African and all-natural premium products.
Let us know of any home remedies you use Neem for. Share with us your experiences, and testimonials in the comment section below…